The Intensive Acting program provides students with a thorough foundation in the art, craft and business of acting for film and television. Students are introduced to the various acting techniques, monologues, audition techniques, scene breakdown, character interpretation, improvisation, acting for the screen, voice & movement, and working with directors. It is structured around the production of 3 to 5 short films (4 week & 8 week program respectively) of increasing complexity, which is screened weekly with all students and facilitators present, for feedback and appraisals.
Students are subjected to a rigorous schedule of classroom lectures and hands-on practical from Monday-Thursday during the first three weeks; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are reserved for shooting. The fourth week is devoted to shooting and editing the first 4 week film project, culminating in the final screening. The second 4 week (Intensive On-Set training) is a 100% practical approach, designed to immerse the students in the world of practical Acting for Film and Television. The students LEARN by Acting on 2 professional short film productions.
Students graduate from our Acting program with:
- Better knowledge, capacity & skills in acting
- Better audition capabilities
- Good knowledge of the business of acting and filmmaking
- 3 -5 short films to your credit
- Build your showreel and professional profile
- Network with industry professionals
- Opportunity to feature on HDFS/HDFA productions
- Referrals- We recommend outstanding Alumni of the academy for jobs
- Access to Alumni discounts
- Fulfill your dream.
- 4 WEEKS [INTENSIVE] – ₦150,000
- 8 WEEKS [INTENSIVE] – ₦270,000