The Intensive Directing program provides students with a thorough foundation in the art, craft and business of film directing. Students are introduced to the filmmaking process, understanding the fundamentals of film and television directing, the director’s vision, style, & identity, understanding screenplay and story structure, shot types and angles, production design, directing actors, and directing the crew. It is structured around the production of 3 to 5 short films (4 week & 8 week program respectively) of increasing complexity, which is screened weekly with all students and facilitators present, for feedback and appraisals.
Students are subjected to a rigorous schedule of classroom lectures and hands-on practical from Monday-Thursday during the first three weeks; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are reserved for shooting. The fourth week is devoted to shooting and editing the first 4 week film project, culminating in the final screening. The second 4 week (Intensive On-Set training) is a 100% practical approach, designed to immerse the students in the world of practical directing for Film and Television. The students LEARN by working as director on 2 professional short film productions.
Students graduate from our Directing program with:
- Better knowledge, capacity & skills in film and television directing
- Good knowledge of the business of filmmaking
- 3 – 5 short films to your credit
- Build your showreel and professional profile
- Network with industry professionals
- Opportunity to feature on HDFS/HDFA productions
- Referrals- We recommend outstanding Alumni of the academy for jobs
- Access to Alumni discounts
- Fulfill your dream.
- 4 WEEKS [INTENSIVE] – ₦250,000
- 8 WEEKS [INTENSIVE] – ₦450,000
All Cinematography and Directing students are to pay an extra 20% of Tuition fee (N50,000 for 4 weeks/N90,000 for 8 Weeks) as Equipment Handling Fee and Project Fee.