The Intensive Cinematography program provides students with a thorough foundation in the art, craft and business of Cinematography. Students are introduced to the fundamentals of photography and cinematography, various cameras settings, lenses, lighting interior & exterior, camera movements, shot design, production design, and more. It is structured around the production of 3 to 5 short films (4 week & 8 week program respectively) of increasing complexity, which is screened weekly with all students and facilitators present, for feedback and appraisals.
Students are subjected to a rigorous schedule of classroom lectures and hands-on practical from Monday-Thursday during the first three weeks; Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are reserved for shooting. The fourth week is devoted to shooting and editing the first 4 week film project, culminating in the final screening. The second 4 week (Intensive On-Set training) is a 100% practical approach, designed to immerse the students in the world of practical cinematography for Film and Television. The students LEARN by working as cinematographer on 2 professional short film productions.
Students graduate from our Cinematography program with:
- Better knowledge, capacity & skills in Cinematography
- Good knowledge of the business of cinematography & filmmaking
- 3 – 5 short films to your credit
- Build your showreel and professional profile
- Network with industry professionals
- Opportunity to feature on HDFS/HDFA productions
- Referrals- We recommend outstanding Alumni of the academy for jobs
- Access to Alumni discounts
- Fulfill your dream.
- 4 WEEKS [INTENSIVE] – 180,000
- 8 WEEKS [INTENSIVE] – 320,000